LET'S GET THRIFTY
Ahhh op shopping! It is hands down one of my favourite past times, and when you've grabbed yourself a one-of-a-kind bargain it is easy to understand its constant allure. I quite often find myself going through phases where I'm checking the op shops every week, just in case there's something magnificent waiting to come home with me, or I'll go through spells of not having step foot in one until an event comes up or I need a distraction for a few hours. But ya'll the op-shops are overflowing with the goods at the moment! In a Rona filled world, it appears everyone is cleaning house and donating the goods!
Over the years I've developed a bit of a knack for finding those wonderful gems that add something a bit extra to your existing wardrobe so I've listed my top tips down below for you. As an added bonus not only is thrifting good for your wallet, it's also good for mother nature and who can't get on board with that!
MICHELLE'S HOT TIPS FOR OP-SHOPPING
- look everywhere and I mean everywhere, floor to ceiling, in the men's section, the children's section, everywhere!!
- try everything on, sizing is not standard
- you can't rush the process, it takes time to go through every rack
- if you're looking for a longer coat or dress, look underneath the racks it will stick out like a sore thumb
- check the manufacturer labels to see if something is really worth the price their asking. $12 acrylic jumper, nah put it back! $12 wool jumper, yes please!!
- men's jeans usually will fit women as high waisted jeans
- check the rack near the counter for stuff people have tried on and put back
- pray to the op shop goddesses and hopefully you will find what you're looking for
*Thrifting is also an excellent way to dress up your home or kit out your kitchen with plates that are as unique as you :)